Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oh, darling let me go.

The things I have realized about my neighborhood part 1.
1.For not being a super-upscale neighborhood, they're sure are a lot of fancy foreign cars. i.e. porsches, mercedes...
2. Each street smells slightly different.
3. EVERYBODY makes eye contact, whether they wave or not.
4. There is a wandering cat for every three houses.
5. The house in which the last two owners committed suicide, is still up for sale. Funny.

Well, I drug your ghost across the country and we plotted out my death.
In every city, memories would whisper: "Here is where you rest."
I was determined in Chicago but I dug my teeth into my knees
and I settled for a telephone and sang into your machine.
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
And I kissed a girl with a broken jaw that her father gave to her.
She had eyes bright enough to burn me.
They reminded me of yours.
And in a story told she was a little girl in a red-rouge, sun-bruised field
and there were rows of ripe tomatoes where a secret was concealed.
And it rose like thunder, clapped under our hands.
And it stretched for centuries to a diary entry's end where I wrote,
You make me happy oh!!
when skies are gray
You make me happy oh!!
when skies are gray and gray and gray.

-BrightEyes.

No comments: