Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Miss Hannah.

28 children between the ages of 7 and 12.
Three times a week.
I get to teach them all I know about acting, and how to along with each each other, and how to listen.
Such simple minds.
They warm up to people so easily.
No lack of trust, they think, and they do.
No questions asked.
Small personalities to match their small bodies.
I get to be crazy, and act weird and the coolest thing is;
They think I'm the cat's pajamas.
They compliment me and listen to me and ask me to help them.
Normally, I'd be self-concious, but these kids seriously think everything I do is funny.
It's inspiring.
To be less self-concious.
To be more trusting.
To be a good role model.
To be respectful.
Because now I realize these kids are watching.
and I have a feeling I am going to learn just as much from them, if not more, then they will learn from me.
and besides, they call me Miss Hannah, how adorable is that?

1 comment:

Adam Fryatt said...

You reminded me of my Senior year of high school. I was a teacher's aide for a 1st grade class and I will never forget the experience. It's strange, they realy do look up to you, which gives you a lot of responsibility. Still, its great to see their take on situatiions and how they see the world. Oh, and they had to call me Mr. Adam. haha