Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This is your life. And it's ending one minute at a time. -Fight Club.

I'm at a point in my life where things are changing.
The weather is changing.
Attitudes are changing.
People sure as hell are changing.

My sister is moving out in less than a month. Everyone's asking me if I'm gonna miss her and I will, but more than anything it's gonna be weird. I mean I've had an older sister forever. But I think I'm gonna be okay. I suppose it will be nice not to be compared to someone in EVERYTHING I do. Situations are changing. But maybe, this will give me a chance to break out. To be the person I've always wanted to be but couldn't because I was always living in a shadow. Who knows. Change can be for the better right.

I am changing too.
I have come to realize the people who pretend to love you, can only pretend for so long.
They are like remora fish, only causing problems. You may not notice them at first, but after awhile you realize that these remora friends only cause problems. They suck away time and happiness. They are greedy and unbeneficial.
Personal parasites.
Taking away everything that means anything to you and ruining your life right under your nose.
but you don't see through their "friendly" facade.
Thankfully I have caught on to these remora friends.
and I am plucking them off one by one. =]
and you know what? it's not as hard as it seems to alienate people who mean nothing to you and whose only aim is to use you to get ahead.
no guilt.
no remorse for the remoras.
it feels better than you can imagine.

Generally, people are more bitter in the winter.
I am quite the opposite.
I see people more clearly in the winter.
It's refreshing.

No comments: