Friday, February 13, 2009

Matt Lauer does not approve.

Tonight was good.
Can't complain one bit.
I was a little hesitant at first about going out with Nathan and Sarah, because 1. I'm so much younger. 2. I felt like I was with Rachel's friends.
But it wasn't weird. The age difference although existent, did not affect the evening. We ate delicious sushi and drank delicious tea. Listened to wonderful music and had the best conversations I've had in a while. We made witty observations about the workers of starbucks, old kool-aid bottles, and we saw Lil' Kim. I was happy. I felt like I wasn't sixteen. I felt like they got me.

I'm convinced that I'm not 16. I don't feel it. I don't look it. I don't act it. How can I be? Physically, sure. I was born 16 years ago. But who I am is not what I am physically. My body is like a casing on a sausage. Ok that's kind of gross.. Like the chocolate on a wonderball. Those things were the best. Ryan told me a while back that I have an old soul. I think he may be right.

On another note, I registered for my classes next year. I'll be a mid-year. December of this year and I'll have my diploma in hand, ready to leave.

1 comment:

Nathan Michael Alexander said...

Hannah! You are so sweet! I love hanging out with you. Rachel as well, I have NOT forgotten her; but you are invited when ever I do something fun and spontaneous.

And no, Matt Lauer does not approve...
What was it he doesn't approve of? I wanna say black women...


Oh! And I am gonna giggle every time I see the man-boy at Starbucks.