Saturday, March 7, 2009

Filters.

I haven't written in a few days, I'm not really sure what's been up.
I was at the Getty museum all day yesterday with some kids from art club and my travel buddy Adrian, absolutely beautiful. (The Museum haha)
I might try to post some pictures on here, but I'm sure they will be cut off like all my others.

So there has been something I've been thinking about for a couple days, and I didn't write about it for the sole reason that I'm just not sure if I have the right words.

As we were sitting on the back of Matt's truck the other day, my neighbor Jason put my sunglasses on and started looking around.
"Everything looks so, I dunno..rosey."
I kinda laughed.
Two days later I'm sitting in my room reading and I look across my room. It's basking in a subtle but beautiful golden coloured light. I look up at my windows and see the mid day sun shining through my richly hued curtains.
This is when I start to think.
I see a lot of my world through filters.
Changing, recolouring, altering the way I see things.
Not just physical filters, but mental and psychological filters as well.
The things people tell me change the way I see things.
The music I listen to changes the way I percieve situations.
They are filtering everything around me.
I haven't decided if I like this or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Without the filters though you'd be able to see things only on a molecular level, unaffected by your emotions. You'd be nothing more than an objective creature. Everything you perceive is altered by having the body you do, your intuition, logic, reasoning, predilections, learning styles, etcetera. It's part of becoming well, you. Your present perceptions will become the past's, and will influence your future's. It's a never ending cycle and life as you know it. Everything inside is just a stimulus tool to help draw your own conclusions. You are the biggest filter of all.